Clinical Research Nurse
I have been with the neuromuscular service since 2010 initially working as a Clinical Support Nurse for Neuromuscular team. In my current role I have been working as a Clinical Research Nurse since May 2011.
I have extensive experience in ward management within infectious diseases, paediatrics and neurology including neuromuscular diseases.
I have a strong interest in Mitochondrial Diseases, Inclusion Body Myositis and Channelopathy.
In my role as a Research Nurse, I am responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the studies, including recruitment. My role involves, among other tasks:
- acting as a first point of contact for potential and recruited patients;
- entering patients into the databases;
- ensuring that all necessary study procedures and assessments are performed;
- taking responsibility for supporting the monitoring of safety of the study participants and reporting events as required by protocol;
- liaising with multidisciplinary colleagues to ensure the smooth running of the trials, compliance with the protocols and relevant legislation.